Our Analyst and Internship positions train future doctors and health care innovators.
Analyst & internship
Analyst: Full time or Gap year
Internship: Winter, Spring, Summer terms
If you’re interested to learn what it’s like to work for a medtech startup, learn more about drugs than most medical students, and understand the inner-workings of FDA, we’d love to meet you and talk about our Health Care Data Analyst position.
The Analyst team is the most important function of the company, driving the creation of the DrugFactsBox™ Database.
Analysts learn how to research and organize information about prescription drugs from FDA approval documents. They work both individually and as a team. Analysts are trained in the proprietary Informulary process and build a DrugFactsBox™. As a startup, we have new projects coming up all the time, and as schedules and interests permit, we pull in analysts on various projects.
JOB DESCRIPTION HIGHLIGHTS
- Initiative to identify problems and craft solutions
- High attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate next steps
Skills you'll learn on the job:
Analysts at Informulary gain knowledge about a wide range of topics that you won’t get anywhere else: prescription drugs, clinical trials, the FDA drug approval process, and more.
Analysts also gain experience working in a dynamic start-up company environment, where high value is placed on curiosity, initiative, and finding solutions that will help both you and the company learn and grow.
Analysts will learn to use new data analysis techniques and web based data collection applications.
If there is a particular area of interest (i.e. website design, specific data analysis, product testing) for a analyst, time and energy will be focused to help them realize their passion. Informulary prides itself on the development and growth of their employees.
Our internship is designed to give prospective analysts a taste of what it's like to be a full analyst. Intern specialize in a core function of the DrugFactsBox process, getting broad exposure to a wide range of drugs.
Click and hover to see what past analysts and interns say
Flexible: Full-time, part-time, remote
We're growing and bringing on senior leadership to work closely with our founders on the development of the DrugFactsBox. Senior scientist will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and selecting the evidence and analyses for the database and presentation in DrugFactsBoxes. They will review the key decisions made by the analyst team about information extraction (e.g. which studies and analyses to include). They will report to the co-Chief Medical Officers (Drs. Woloshin and Schwartz) and work with them to implement and improve the methodologic standards for extracting and reporting trial data in easily understood formats. Management opportunities are available based on skills and interest.
JOB DESCRIPTION HIGHLIGHTS
- Enjoy dealing with big picture and detail-level challenges. Senior scientist will need to learn Informulary’s proprietary method of finding and extracting relevant information from FDA review documents in order to draft DrugFactsBoxes. The ideal candidate will be thorough in implementing this complex, multi-step procedure.
- Want to work in a start-up environment: new opportunities and challenges on a daily basis, juggle multiple projects at once and switch gears quickly
- Work closely with the founders, management and data analysts in a collaborative environment
- Take initiative to improve the process, solve inefficiencies and create new research tools and procedures as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate work preferred
- Scientific background in clinical trial methodology and reporting, ideally with expertise in drug development and FDA policy
- Statistical background in typical statistical methods for analyzing clinical trials and meta-analysis